Are you aged 17-24? Are you interested in doing something completely different? Need work experience?
Join us to explore what it would be like to start your own sustainable food business.
Join our group and meet experienced entrepreneurs. Meet people who know about the market and what food to produce. Visit great farm and food businesses. Find out what help there is for you in Wales - there is a lot! Join the group at weekend events where - of course - we will enjoy local food.
Joining this group will be a great addition to your personal statement, CV and work experience!
This is what's on the menu for the next group, starting in October:
- A first meet-up in Abergavenny on Saturday 27 October. We will visit Three Pools Farm, which is setting up as a new business in sustainable food production. We'll enjoy the cider festival there and get involved in making it. We'll meet the CEO of the Abergavenny Food Festival, Aine Morris. Mike Morgan from Welsh Rarebits will tell us what fancy hotels in Wales want to buy. We’ll have a great lunch of local food.
- Later day trips to more inspiring farms and businesses.
- Group webinars on key topics like: What food do hotels want to buy? What do supermarkets want? Can I produce food for box schemes? How can I access land? And so on.....
- Members of the group can attend conferences together - we will be going to the Oxford Real Farming Conference, 3-4 January.
- We'll set up an exclusive Facebook group for group members and the experts, so there's every opportunity to talk.
Group membership will cost just £3/month. (Travel, accommodation and conference fees will be on top.)
In case you are not paying yourself, here is a downloadable description about the group to help you persuade whoever is going to pay for you!
Reserve a place now!
If you would like to reserve a place, please register here. Having registered, you will be able to confirm your place by paying by credit card, PayPal or direct debit.
If you have any further questions please contact us now!